(1) To obtain a Green Card.
(2) Because he/she is rich.
(3) Because your mom is nagging you.
(4) Because he/she has curly hair or pretty eyes.
(5) Because you'll get a tax break if you #marry him/her.
(6) You're tired of #dating.
(7) You have 3 kids and think you can't do any better.
(8) The house you want takes two incomes to afford.
9) You don't want to #work.
(10) Because he/she said so.
(11) Your biological clock is ticking.
(12) You made a #pact that if you hit 40 and still weren't married, you'd get together and marry each other.
(13) Because how many more chances do you really have? [The third times the charm, right?]
(14) Your credit score is 417 and his is 820. OR she's driving a#RangeRover and you're driving a #Rodeo.
(15) You truly believe he/she will change.
(16) You want a #wedding.
(17) All of your friends are married or in relationships.
(18) Because he/she asked.
(19) You don't have shit else to do.
(20) Because you eventually want free gifts and a vacay like all the other people on #Facebook and #Instagram.
(21) Because you get #attention.
(22) You want to go on the couple's trip.
(23) Because you think that real life is a #Disney movie.
(24) Because you're envious of #KimKardashian, #JanetJackson,#HalleBerry, and #JLo (hold up; wait; bad examples...sorry).
(25) To get back at your #ex.
(26) You don't want anyone else to have him/her.
(27) You had a kid (or kids).
(28) You can't tell the #truth.
(29) Because you could.
(30) You're afraid to break up.
(31) You love his/her #family.
(32) You didn't want to hurt his/her #feelings.
(33) You're #bored.
(34) You're waiting for Mr. Right/Mrs. Right.
(35) Because you can't be #alone.
In real life, you want a #relationship with someone who's the combination of a friend, lover, confidant, protector, and support system. Someone with similarities and differences. Someone who's kind and funny, with morals and good intentions. Someone that reciprocates your love. Someone who you can share both trust and fidelity with. But this shit here, ain't that. The look in her says, "What have I done?" Love should be the ingredient that maturity, compatibility, preparation, sincerity, monogamy, discipline, and honesty hold onto. And if you are with him/her for reasons 1-35 (or any other sinister shit I didn't list) you've already made a big mistake. #FixIt...#BeingAloneIsOk; #FindARealConnection and #RealLove with a #Readyman/woman.
-Kanika A. Vann
Author, Love: Possible